If you are new to the energy industry, moving into the energy industry from another field or looking to broaden your understanding of gas and LNG around the globe, The Gas Chain is an essential course.
From reserve development to spot trading, this five day course takes you through every stage of the physical and commercial gas chain. Exploration, development and production, pipelines, storage, LNG markets, trading, and contract are all covered.
During The Gas Chain you will learn how the different links in the chain work together and where companies create value. The course is delivered through interactive working sessions, presentations, group exercises and multimedia.
The Gas Chain includes the following three case studies set in the fictional region of Gazania. These case studies enable you to understand issues and dilemmas facing the world’s energy companies.
Gazania investment options – How big is your appetite to take risk? Take a chance on successful upstream development, enter the utility business, or integrate downstream operations.
Prodonia gas trading – Investigate the problems associated with the international routing and sale of gas between producing areas and a market.
Marketany gas trading – Hone your trading skills in an out-cry market as you seek to balance a short term supply and demand portfolio.
Benefits of Attending
- Delivered by commercial advisors and industry experts with a broad range of experience
- Gain new insights for use in your role
- Structured to encourage discussion, interaction and knowledge transfer
- Quality networking with industry professionals from around the world
Who Should Attend
- Recent graduates with newly acquired roles in energy companies (e.g. IOCs, infrastructure developers, traders etc.)
- Experienced professionals moving into the gas industry from other fields
- Technical/operations staff moving into commercial roles
- Legal and finance professionals working in the gas industry