‘To play a profitable role in the future, LNG will have to be clean’: G2 Net-Zero LNG

Only Subscribers can read the full Article

G2 Net-Zero LNG, formerly known as G2 LNG, is an energy products company based in Louisiana. In partnership with Siemens Energy, infrastructure developer 8 Rivers/NET Power and energy advisory firm EJM Associates, it plans to build the world’s first net-zero LNG export and industrial gas production complex.

G2 Net-Zero LNG says the 13 mtpa plant, located on the Calcasieu Ship Channel, three miles north of the Gulf of Mexico, will be the first to deliver “a profitable portfolio of uniquely differentiated energy products,” while achieving net-zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions “from the producing reservoir through to the loading dock.” It aims to capture 85% of upstream and midstream emissions, with the remaining 15% offset using carbon credits.

Against the backdrop of decarbonisation, the development of G2 Net-Zero LNG’s project is reflective of US LNG players seeking to draw attention to their emission reduction efforts. The offer of carbon-neutral LNG could potentially give producers a competitive edge, especially in jurisdictions where GHG emissions reduction is an important part of government policy.

In this interview, G2 Net-Zero LNG chairman Chas Roemer explains to LNG Business Review how, with buyers expected to increasingly scrutinise a supplier’s emissions profile in coming years, technological innovation will set his company’s carbon-neutral offering apart from its competitors.

Subscription Benefits

Our three titles – LNG Business Review, Gas Matters and Gas Matters Today – tackle the biggest questions on global developments and major industry trends through a mixture of news, profiles and analysis.

LNG Business Review

LNG Business Review seeks to discover new truths about today’s LNG industry. It strives to widen market players’ scope of reference by actively engaging with events, offering new perspectives while challenging existing ones, and never shying away from being a platform for debate.

Gas Matters

Gas Matters digs deep into the stories of today, keeping the challenges of tomorrow in its sights. Weekly features and interviews, informed by unrivalled in-house expertise, offer a fresh perspective on events as well as thoughtful, intelligent analysis that dares to challenge the status quo.

Gas Matters Today

Gas Matters Today cuts through the bluster of online news and views to offer trustworthy, informed perspectives on major events shaping the gas and LNG industries. This daily news service provides unparalleled insight by drawing on the collective knowledge of in-house reporters, specialist contributors and extensive archive to go beyond the headlines, making it essential reading for gas industry professionals.

Did you know that your Internet Explorer Browser is out of date?

Your MS Internet Explorer browser is out of date, and will not be fully compatible with our website. For best browsing experience we recommend that you upgrade your IE browser to a more recent version or use an alternative, more recent browser.